Under AB1X 26 the Live Oak Redevelopment Agency was dissolved and replaced with a Successor Agency responsible for winding down the affairs of the redevelopment agency. The City of Live Oak is the Successor Agency for the former RDA. The Live Oak Oversight Board is comprised of seven members:
- Supervisor Larry Montna - appointed by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Sutter.
- Council Member Diane Hodges - appointed by the Mayor of the City of Live Oak.
- Michael R. Kimball - appointed by Yuba Sutter Mosquito and Vector Control, which is the largest special district in the RDA bounday areas.
- Linda Protine - appointed by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Trustee Jim Buchan - appointed by the Chancellor of the Community College.
- Linda Nichols - appointed by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Sutter.
- Bobbi Phagura - appointed by the Mayor of Live Oak to represent the employees of the former Live Oak RDA.
The duties and responsibilities of the Live Oak Oversight Board are to direct the Live Oak Successor Agency to do all of the folllowing:
- Dispose of all assets and properties of the former Live Oak Redevelopment Agency that were funded by tax increment revenues expeditiously and in a manner aimed at maximizing value; provided, however, that the Live Oak Oversight Board may instead direct the Live Oak Successor Agency to transfer ownership of those assets that were constructed and used for a governmental purpose to the appropriate public jurisdiction pursuant to any existing agreements relating to the construction or use of such an asset, with any compensation for the asset governed by the agreements relating to the construction or use of that asset;
- Cease performance in connection with and terminate all existing agreements that do not qualify as enforceable obligations, as that term is defined in subdivision (d) of Section 34171 of the Health and Safety Code;
- Transfer housing responsibilities and all rights, powers, duties and obligations related thereto to the entity designated by the City of Live Oak pursuant to Section 34176 of the Health and Safety Code;
- Terminate any agreement between the former Live Oak Redevelopment Agency and any public entity located in the County of Sutter that obligates the former Live Oak Redevelopment Agency to provide funding for any debt service obligations of the public entity or for the construction or operation of facilities owned or operated by such public entity, in any instance where the Live Oak Oversight Board finds that early termination would be in the best interests of the taxing entities; and
- Determine whether any contracts, agreements or other arrangements between the former Live Oak Redevelopment Agency and any private parties should be terminated or renegotiated to reduce liabilities and increase net revenues to the taxing entities, and present proposed termination or amendment agreements to the Live Oak Oversight Board for consideration and approval; the Live Oak Oversight Board may approve any amendments to or early termination of such agreements where it finds that amendments or early termination would be in the best interests of the taxing entities.
The first meeting of the Oversight Board is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, March 27, 2012, at 3:30 PM, in the Live Oak Council Chambers located at 9955 Live Oak Blvd., Live Oak, CA 95953.
The Public is always invited and encouraged to attend. Call (530) 695-2112 for more information.
Last Updated on Friday, 07 September 2012 12:44